Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This morning brought to you by . . . Oatmeal (bleck!)

This morning at work I made myself some Kellogg's Instant Oatmeal for breakfast. I know I know - not my style but I'm trying to lose some weight since having Smiley and well everyone else in the office just loves it (sure sure I know, "if everyone else jumps off a bridge would you" blah blah blah), and goes on and on about how it is a healthy choice so I thought ok oatmeal it is. I have on many occasions tried to eat oatmeal (stop shaking your heads - yes I have), all kinds to be exact. I've tried a variety of the instant oatmeal packets as well as the good Irish stuff that was given to me (it was promised the good stuff would taste better than instant). I have to tell you all . . . it is just simply nasty. Bleck! Every time (I can't kid myself anymore into trying it - I dislike it. Ugh the texture is just well oatmeal textury (yes that is a word in my book). The flavor isn't all that great. You have to mix it really really well and doctor it up so you are adding more and more to it and well there goes all the reason for having oatmeal - right? Yep - nasty. Bleck! Had to toss it out after making it through only half of my bowl. I couldn't do it anymore (and too boot it was now room temperature instead of warm out of the microwave). Ah ha, so maybe that is how they get you to eat oatmeal and lose weight, you just stop eating half way through the bowl.

1 comment: