Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One ticket, one seat . . . or so I thought

This afternoon I had the pleasure of taking the Amtrak train instead of my usual commuter train and I was so happy to get out of the oppressive heat and humidity for the air conditioning and comfy seats. Well seats were hard to find because passengers were scattered all over the train. I had to go almost into the next car before finding a seat alone. I was in the row right behind the 4 seaters. You know the seats that have 2 facing in and 2 facing out. These are perfect for a part of 3 or 4 and really great for people traveling with kids. Well the seats in front of me and across from me (yes all 4 - well 8 in this case) were taken up by 2 young ladies who were obviously traveling with each other because they were texting and talking to each other at the same time.

They were stretched out all over these 4 seats (I mean 8) that they couldn't possibly move for other passengers. So when did it become acceptable to pay for 1 seat and get 3 extra. When did we become so entitled as a society that this was acceptable behavior. Oh and the icing to the cake, I had to squeeze into my seat because the girl in front of me had her seat reclined all the way back. When I was trying to get out I hit the seat with my knee (ouch) and the girl turned and gave me a nasty look. What the heck!

1 comment:

  1. I would have given her the stink eye back and hit it again ;)

    ReplyDelete