Friday, July 6, 2012

"I'm a nice person"

This morning on the commuter train I overheard a woman talking (and talking and talking and talking) and I was a bit annoyed at her comment of "I'm a nice person". If I was describing myself, I would probably say "I like to think I'm a nice person" or "I try to be a nice person" but noooooo she was pretty damn sure that she is a nice person. As "Nice Person" continued to talk I overheard how she is willing to judge others based on their income and how they can't afford to buy a house alone because said person just got out of school and said the mother doesn't make much money, has a jerk of a souse and a 14 year old kid. "Nice person" also feels the need to taunt her seat mate for not knowing how to work the alarm function on his phone and it isn't like seatmate just bought this phone, jezsh he's had it as long as "nice person" has had theirs. Wow - good thing she is a nice person or else the car ride would not have been as exciting or full of wonderful stories that you couldn't help but overhear.

If this wasn't enough I had one more fun event this morning. The woman who feels the need to bathe in her perfume made the decision to sit right next to me. Never mind all the open seats (with no-one else near you) were open, but oh nooooooo, come sit by me and drive my nose crazy the whole ride.

Another commute train rant, on the platform where you buy/validate your ticket it reminds you to have your ticket out for the conductor at all times, VRE has meet the management days where they give away free ticket holders and clips so you can clip them onto the seat's drink holder or your bag, your jacket, your shirt and/or your pants, an announcement happens to be played over the audio system on the train reminding you to have your tickets out at all times, so why, why oh why, do you always act surprised and annoyed when the conductor comes in and says "tickets please" and then go rummaging for your ticket. Come on people, its not like you didn't know this was going to happen and he even says please people!

No comments:

Post a Comment