Friday, January 24, 2014

14 Days of Love

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I was thinking about great ways to share the love with my family. I was inspired by the "12 Days of Christmas" posts I've seen that I was thinking the "14 Days of Love" would be a nice thing to try and maybe make a tradition for my family. I've got just over a week to plan how I'm going to execute this so here is what I've come up with so far.






I found the following website (www.thedatingdivas.com) through Pinterest to help me with my planning. I may not follow all their ideas but I'm sure to incorporate them into my plans. I like day 14 for actually celebrating Valentine's Day (sparkling cider is great because I'm not much for champagne). Most of the plans work great for a significant other but I want things for Smiley.


Last year on Valentine's Day I put big paper hearts up all around the house and I'm pretty sure Smiley didn't even notice. I'm also pretty sure my husband thought I'd lost my mind when he was wondering around the house. So I'm looking for ideas for both Smiley and B-man.



  • I did find some heart magnets to put on the frig and Smiley has been playing with them. Should have held them back but I was so excited and she is enjoying them. 
  • I'll most likely put hearts up around the house again . . . maybe one a day so that we have 14 total by Valentine's Day. 
  • Smiley is too young for candy right now (choking hazard) so I'll avoid that. 
  • I think we will make pink cupcakes one day.
  • All girls love flowers so I think I'll be giving her flowers at least one of the days -but not right before Valentine's Day - woo too expensive.
  • She'll have to send her Valentine's cards out so maybe we will have craft day once.
  • Smiley is going to have goodies for her schoolmates so we will have to put those together a few days before, along with teacher presents. And when I say we you know that means me.
Ugh I'm running out of ideas. I know I want to make it fun for her but at 2 I'm limited. I think a scavenger hunt will be fun one day when she's older. Along with a party for her friends. We can make a special dinner for daddy one of these days but right now its not happening.  At least I've got a start on ideas. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment