Monday, January 21, 2013

Pinterest was my friend . . .

On Sunday Pinterest became my good friend. In my quest this year to try new foods I made 2 recipes off of Pinterest.

The first recipe was spinach lasagna rolls (roll ups). I got the recipe on Pinterest from this link: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/04/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

I will tell you first that I don't like Ricotta so I replaced it with cream cheese. One word of advice - spray the foil with your favorite oil spray to keep the cheese from sticking. Oh and I had to put the dish under the broiler for few minutes to get it nice brown and bubbly. So what was the verdict. I though it was interesting. B-man, my BIL and my sister liked it, my sister even went back for seconds but the biggest test was . . . Smiley liked it too. Might try this one again.

And here is a picture of the left overs (only because I forgot to take a picture before we ate):



My second recipe was from Pinterest also it was the Pomegranate syrup. I got the recipe from this link: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/simply-sweet-pomegranate-syrup/?socsrc=bhgpin121912pomegranatesyrup&crlt.pid=camp.uZDK4wfB

It was so easy to make and truth be told I haven't tried it yet only because I don't have any Gingerale in the house and that is what I'm planning on mixing it with.

Here is the final result:


I also turned to Pinterest for a non food link this weekend too. It was something called the sock bun that creates soft curls in your hair overnight. Here is the link: http://aspottedpony.com/for-moms/how-to-use-a-sock-to-get-beautiful-curly-hair-without-heat/1517/. Well it didn't work for me. First off I am positive you have to have long hair - not medium length hair like I have. Second the act of putting the hair in the bun is hard. Second all but the ends fell out of the bun and all I had was frizzy ends - not what I was looking for.


Also the hubby and I went to a new restaurant on Saturday night for dinner - a French restaurant. My meal was interesting. B-man enjoyed his. He had a whole lobster and french fries. Yep that was what was on the menu. Oh and it was too cute to have him ask me what frites were (thanks to my mother I at least know that much even though I never took French).

No comments:

Post a Comment