Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's a mad mad world!

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I last wrote something. I know it has been crazy at work and that leaves me exhausted when I get home so I spend my time playing with Smiley and doing something crazy like laundry but still over a month! Bad Ashley - no cookie for me!

Like I said above things have been crazy at work so I've barely had time to take a bathroom break or even have lunch let alone write in my blog. Now that is has calmed down again I can share all my wonderful thoughts with all of you lucky people. Missed me? Thought so.

We are now in March so lets do a recap of how I'm doing with my New Years Resolutions (blah ha ha).

1. Learn at least 12 words in German and to be able to use them in a conversation properly.

- My BIL has been very good to me by helping remind me of my counting 0-10 in German (even corrected my spelling errors that I posted previously). He even gave me at least 2 phrases to practice. Well I have been a bad girl and haven't been practicing or asking for more phrases. We are in month 3 so I need another phrase from him.

2. Bring my lunch to work 4 days a week.

- I have been a good girl on this one. Only 2 times have I bought lunch twice and brought the remaining days. I have also been better at bringing my breakfast all 5 days to work so I can treat myself to Starbucks every once in a while to go with my breakfast. So kudos to me. Just need to keep on track with this (I've even inspired on of my co-workers. He is striving for the same as I but only seems to have succeed with one day a week for his lunch bringing. Baby steps I tell him).

3. Play for 60 minutes a day.


- Yea this hasn't happened. I'm lucky if I manage to get to do much more than the regular house hold work (which I'm not doing well at). Smiley is moving and shaking (but no she isn't doing the Harlem Shake) these days. She has discovered balance and is walking all over the place. My exercise usually consists of me chasing after her). Sadly I see the results every day and it brings me down all the time.

4. Drink water every day.


- No progress here - oh sure I'm great at instilling water for Smiley but me, not happening.

5. Buy a plant and keep it alive all year long.

- Spring is coming so I've been eyeballing the plants that are slowly being brought out. Will have to pick my victim, I mean plant here very soon.


6. Try one new recipe a week.

- I have been pretty good about this. I established Sunday Dinners at my house for the family and if I don't try a new recipe I try a new method of cooking or a new side dish or a new spin on an old favorite. So this is going pretty good. Have to really get back to trying a new dish each week.

7. Try one new food a month.

- This hasn't been a success. I did try Korean BBQ with B-man this past week and it was "interesting". So that counts as trying a new food. Sadly it is my first new food of the year. Must be more open.

8. Find a way to bring in more cha-ching for my family.

- Signed up for online surveys that are supposed to pay either cash or gift cards but it takes several surveys before you even get a $10 gift card. Humm - still looking for new ways to make money. Thinking of a yard sale in the spring.

9. Save more money.

- Need to do this more. Was doing ok with $50 per pay period but I've switched to paying that money to my crazy credit card bills instead. Need to get back to this. I also want to take all the change we have around the house and put it in the change thing at my bank for Smiley's savings account. Just need to do it. Maybe one day when I'm off and can run to the bank.

10. Be a better wifey.

- Not sure I'm doing that well. I'm so tired all the time, we never get to cuddle or have alone time because of our schedules, my working late, being sick, Smiley time takes over, or just being tired all the time.

11. De-crap my house.


- Still need to work on this. See yard sale idea above for possibly ways of doing this.

12. Let my inner Martha Stewart shine.

- I have my dragon counted cross stitch but every time I think I'll start it, I just don't. I come up with an excuse not to do it and do something else. Like take a nap or do laundry.

On a happier note, I mentioned about Smiley is walking. She really is getting better with her balance and I love her face when she takes off. So cute. She has also become clingy to me. She is saying "ma ma" but doesn't connect it to me. Oh and she loves to drop her sippy cup and then say "uh oh". So cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment