Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

The first New Years Resolution I had posted this year was to learn at least 12 words in German and be able to use them in a a conversation properly. So last night I put the challenge to my BIL to help me in this endeavour. He says learning a phrase is better but we shall see. I do know a few words so far which are:

LINKS - Left
RECHTS - Right
EINE - One
ZWEI - Two
DREI - Three
VIER - Four
FÜNF- Five
SECHS - Six
SIEBEN - Seven
ACHT - Eight
NEUN - Nine
ZEHN - Ten


Do I know how to spell them, nope? I had to look them up for posting but at least when I'm asked I can answer in German.


So JR gave me this phrase to work on for this month . . . Wie geht es Ihnen? Any takers on what this is? Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? It means HOW ARE YOU? I had to write it down phonetically so I can pronounce it properly. Oh and we were discussing "Good morning - Good afternoon - Good evening - Good night" = "Guten Morgen - Guten Tag - Guten Aben -  Guten Nacht".

So that is pretty good start to learning German (resolution #1 or #eine).


For my second resolution I said to bring my lunch to work 4 out of the 5 days. Well I only work 3 days this week and so far for the 2 days I have been here at work I have brought my lunch. Since I'm off tomorrow and will probably grab a bite to eat out after Smiley's appointment I will have to bring my lunch on Friday too.

Ok well that is all for now. I'll check back in a few days with my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Woops it is Wie gehts es Ihnen - spelled it wrong. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the online translation thing I used misspelled things wrong. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete