Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Disconnected

I went and did it. Yep, I forgot my cell phone at home today. And don't you know it B-man called me at work to tease me about it. As you might have guessed it certainly isn't the first time I have walked off without my cell phone and I can promise you it won't be the last time either. And believe it or not, I'm ok with it. I know it is at home so I'm not concerned about losing it - I'm just disconnected right now. I heard on the radio where the DJs asked people to call in and voice whether they would be more freaked out if they lost their wallet or their cell phone. 99% of the people called in saying they would freak out if they lost their phone. I would be one of the 1%. I would freak out if I lost my wallet - OMG my credit cards and may ATM card and my driver's license - how frustrating it would be to cancel everything, reorder it and wait for new cards to come in. Not to mention having to go to the DMV to get a new license - that would be shear terror to me.

Recently I thought I lost my phone but it was found. I was only upset because it has pictures of Smiley on it that I don't want to lose. That was the only reason I was concerned about my phone being separated from me. It is possible to live without a cell phone. Heck we did it for years and years. We do it when a major situation happens and the cell towers go down. You can manage to take a shower each day without it in your hand. (or at least I hope you do). I won't say you don't sleep with it because apparently some people do.

Technology does make life easier in some ways, but in other ways it makes us handicap. Maybe I'll forget my phone more often and enjoy a little walk on the wild side.

No comments:

Post a Comment