Wednesday, January 28, 2015

40 Days = 40 Bags

I'm getting a head start on Lent this year!

For those who don't know Lent is the time period beginning on Ash Wednesday (How many of you have your own holiday?) that leads up to Easter. It is roughly 40 days give or take a few Sundays). I have always given up something (soda, desserts, chips, etc) that is a vice but this year I'm having a hard time trying to think of what to give up. While I ponder that I do have to say I'm proud that I've decided to participate in the concept of 40 Days = 40 Bags.

I learned of this last year at lent (a little late but I "tried" to do it) and I love the concept. For the 40 days of lent you need to take at least 10 minutes and clean/declutter one area and whatever you have goes into bags. Those bags either go to the trash or stored neatly for a yard sale or give aways. I love the idea and last year as I said I tried to do it and got about 1 week in and then just slacked off. I did get a section of my entertainment room and den looking pretty good that week. Sadly it looks like crap again but it still has less crap than last year (I know this because I had to go into one the cabinets I cleaned out last year and I've successfully kept it clean and organized).

This year I'm gonna do it and stick to it. I've got so much stuff in my house that I know I don't need that this must be done. No matter how hard it might feel to carve out 10 minutes (or more) each day to this concept. I know I can declutter. . . I even got a jump on it last night while thinking about the 40 Days = 40 Bags.

I found my new phone has a timer so I can't make that excuse. I'm going to try and keep myself accountable by posting on my blog every so often with pictures of before and after (or at least my bags). Who's with me on the 40 Days = 40 Bags bandwagon?


1 comment: