Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY 2014 Update

OK so I have an update on my bathroom remodel. I've found the tile that looks like hardwood and I'm in love with it (pecan is the color). I've narrowed down the wall colors to 2 shades and I think I may have chosen between the two. So to my friends out there who have done this type of thing:

Do I take the baseboards off before I start tiling? I know I'll have to remove the tack strip at the door where the carpet meets the linoleum. Also I am pretty sure I need to remove the wood strip between the linoleum and the baseboards. But do I/Should I remove the baseboards before tiling?
- If I do anyone have a nailer that can help me put them back up?
- If I do, should I just invest in new baseboards?
- Can I get them precut at the box store? I'm terrible at math so the measure twice cut once would be more like measure 50 cut 10 probably.

Ugh I have a feeling this is going to be a bigger pain in the butt than my husband wants to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment