Thursday, March 12, 2015

What does 40 feel like?

So this fall I will be turning 40 . . . Forty . . . The Big Four-O. Is this how almost 40 is supposed to feel? Trust me I'm not obsessed with the number 40. Its just a number of years that I've been on the earth (well it will be).

I don't consider 40 old by any stretch but I know I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I can't stay up late anymore, I don't have a ton of energy to go and go and go. I'm not flexible as I use to be (but I can still touch my toes thankfully). I'm always tired (ALWAYS). My body shape is "yuck". I find more and more grey hair (well I have been getting grey highlights since I was 18 so does it really count?). My face has more lines on it than before (starting some new products from Rodan + Fields so that should help). I look at my hands and see youth slipping away. I take more drugs on a daily basis that I use to. I actually want to watch the news. I'm feeling old but I know I'm not.

What does 40 feel like to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment