Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Holy Jackpot!

Driving into work this morning I noticed that the Powerball sign said the jackpot is up to $116 million so you know I began dreaming in my head what I would do with that money. I got to work, started up my computer, checked voicemail and emails. I was even a good girl and checked my work flow for the day and then popped over to 7-11 and bought a soda, banana and a powerball ticket. Just one. I know just one but hey it only takes one.

Then I went onto the website to see if I could borrow a picture for my blog post (sadly no) and it said the estimated jackpot is $116 million and the pay out would be $67.5 million. WOW - Uncle Sam has already calculated how much they would get. . .  but still I could use $67.5 million to "play" with.

How would you spend your $67.5 million? I have already started planning out how I would. Here's what I would do:

$100,000 would go to bills (i.e. paying off cars, credit card bills, student loans, misc)
$150,000 would go to Smiley's college fund (I looked it up the cost today for a 4 year school and for tuition, housing, food and books, along with other "fees" it would be around $77,000 for an in-state college and $129,000 for an out of state college). HOLY CRAP!
$200,000 for a trust fund for Smiley
$500,000 would go to my dream house (to have it built and to pay for it in full)
$300,000 to decorate and furnish my dream house (may have to raise this depending on what I want) 
$500,000 for paying off family bills (yep I didn't forget about them and this is just the start)
$1,000,000 for travel money (its a start)
$1,000,000 for my personal assistant/nanny (would need to juggle being Smiley's nanny and my assistant so He/She would need to be paid well don't you think - there will be travel involved

I know there are other expenses but that is a nice "start" don't you think of how I would spend my money. . .  a girl can dream can't she?!




No comments:

Post a Comment