Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall is here!

I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. There are so  many reasons I love fall. I love having to throw that extra blanket on the bed (although B-man will say that despite the fact that there is another blanket on the bed, he still doesn't get any because I hog them all). I love wearing sweatshirts and light jackets. I love love love the way fall smells in the air. I love the colors of the leaves changing and the sound of wind blowing through the trees. I love the smell and taste of warm cider. Fall makes me think of baking. I find myself wanting to make anything and everything with pumpkin, clove, nutmeg, cider and apples in it. I get a big giddy when I walk into the local Target or Walmart and see them starting to put Christmas decorations out (eeeeeeeee!!!).




I'm so happy it is fall. Sure I might get a big chilled and need that extra layer but boy oh boy do I love fall. I remember a conversation I was having with 2 other people many years ago at the station. One person asked me "Why are you in such a good mood?" and the other person responded on my behalf with "It's the weather. This is her favorite time of year so she's in a good mood." She was right - so happy it is fall. Might have to run down to Starbucks and get a Caramel Apple Cider/Spice for my ride home tonight. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment